Ideally, you should already have gained experience and call yourself a “Senior” or “Architect”. Internally within Frontastic we have very little hierarchy so if you are explicitly looking for a “Senior” title, you’re probably in the wrong place. To be clear, this is only about the job title itself as we have a team of highly talented developers. The official job title for this position is “Frontend Developer”.
What You’ll Do as a Frontend Developer
We continue to improve our Frontend framework based on React which already serves many large eCommerce sites. Our main concerns in doing this are performance and technical scalability of the stack together with enabling autonomous customers and innovation on their side. We also believe in strong abstractions to be able to continuously improve our core product.
- Pave the path for customer innovation by creating APIs which allow innovation on top of solid base libraries and a solid base framework
- Analyze extension point usage and define fast, resilient and future-proof extension mechanisms
- Design extension points for stability, backwards compatibility and customer use
- Assist in monitoring extension points and improving their resilience in high load environments
Who You Are
- You reside and work in Europe
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience as a Frontend Developer or in a comparable field
- You have the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment – and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- Deep knowledge of handling customer abstractions and the involved challenges regarding resilience and performance
- Full awareness of backwards compatibility requirements of software which is used by dozens and hundreds of customers
- An understanding of the requirements of working in software development (quality assurance, testing, monitoring)
- You have good writing and communication skills in English
- It would be helpful if you already have experience remote working
How We Work
We’re a remote-first company with regular in-person meetings. We make intensive use of tools like Slack or video conferencing. We try to find a good balance between focused work and communication or in other words between asynchronous and personal communication. We don’t have fixed expectations regarding working hours and it’s normal for us to be able to take care of private matters during the day – e.g. visits to the doctor or picking up children from school.
Our team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like pair programming, test driven development when it makes sense and continuously refactor our code to constantly share knowledge and keep the amount of technical debt low.
- The same goes for us as a company, we continuously refactor our rules and guidelines. Overall, we have a very transparent, helpful, warm, familiar employee culture.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred where multiple candidates have the same score.
For this particular job we are offering to pay between 40.000 € to 70.000 € based on experience and skills. We also offer 28 vacation days. Since we currently work from 9 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond that. But we’re always open for suggestions.
More jobs at Frontastic
- Address Hafenweg 16, 48155 Münster, Germany
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior